Website policy and terms
This Website ("the Site") is owned and maintained by U&I Sugar Corporation “the Company”. The following terms and procedures (the "Terms") govern your use of this Site. By using this Site you agree to be bound by these Terms. If you do not agree to these Terms please do not use this Site.
These Terms may be changed at any time, without notice, by the Company updating this statement. You agree that you will review the Terms on a regular basis and that your continued access to this Site means that you accept any changes made.
Information About us
U&I Sugar Corporation is a company incorporated in the United Kingdom with its main offices at U&I House, 41 Whitcomb Street, Leicester Square, London, WC2H 7DT. U&I has established corporate units throughout the world, and in the UK, with company number 07168047. The registered address and head office is U&I House, 105 High Street, Needham Market, Ipswich, Suffolk IP6 8DQ. VAT Number 997277251.
Use of the Site
This Site and the information contained within it is intended for those who access it from the United Kingdom. If you are viewing this Site from outside of the United Kingdom you should note that the information contained within it may not be appropriate for use in other places and may not comply with the laws of any territory outside of the United Kingdom. Those who choose to access this Site from countries other than the United Kingdom do so at their own risk and are responsible for compliance with local laws.
You are responsible for your own use of the Site.
Accessing our Site
From time to time the Company may restrict or suspend access to some parts of the Site, or the entire Site, without notice, in order to carry out repairs or maintenance or to introduce new facilities or to amend any part of its service or for any other reason it considers appropriate.
If you choose, or you are provided with, a user name, pass code, memorable word or any other piece of information as part of our security procedures, you must treat such information as confidential and you must not disclose it to any third party. We have the right to disable any user name, pass code or memorable word, whether chosen by you or allocated by the Company, at any time if ,in the Company's opinion, you have failed to comply with any of the provisions of these Terms.
The copyright and all other intellectual property rights, existing anywhere in the World, in this Site and all of its contents belong to the Company. You may not, without the prior written agreement of the Company, reproduce or adapt any part of this Site other than for the purpose of accessing the Company's products or services or printing pages for your own personal records.
The Company's status (and that of any identified contributors), as the authors of material on the Site, must always be acknowledged. Except as provided in this paragraph, you may not use, distribute, sell, modify, republish or deal in any way with the trademarks, trade names, logos, software or other intellectual property material or content of the Site without the Company's prior written permission. You must not modify the paper or digital copies of any materials you have printed off or downloaded in any way and you must not use any illustrations or graphics separately from any accompanying texts.
Use of Information
The contents of any materials posted on this Site are for information purposes only and do not constitute investment, financial or professional advice and no reliance should be placed on the same. Any figures shown on this Site are subject to change.
These provisions should be read carefully as they exclude or limit our legal liability in connection with your use of this Site. Nothing in these Terms shall exclude liability that is not permissible under applicable law including, without limitation, for death or personal injury, or for fraudulent misrepresentation.
Nothing in these Terms shall exclude or limit or restrict our duties and liabilities to you under the Financial Services and Markets Act 2000 or any conduct of business rules which we are bound to comply with.
The Company has taken all reasonable steps to ensure the accuracy and completeness of the content of the Site. Save as set out in our Terms and Procedures the Company accepts no responsibility arising out of the use of or access to or inability to use or results of the use of this Site nor for any errors or omissions contained in this Site nor if this Site is unavailable at any time or for any period. The Company shall not be responsible for any direct or indirect:
• financial losses (including without limitation loss of income, revenues, data, profits, contracts, use, opportunity, business or anticipated savings;
• loss of goodwill or reputation;
• any loss or damage we could not reasonably have expected to foresee or reasonably have expected to occur,
which you may suffer and which arises out of or in connection with your use of or access to or inability to use or the results of your use of this Site.
Access to and use of this Site is at your own risk and the Company does not guarantee that the use of this Site or any material downloaded from it will not cause damage to any property, or otherwise minimise or eliminate the inherent risks of the internet including, but not limited to, loss of data, computer virus infection, spyware, malicious software, trojans and worms. The Company accepts no responsibility in respect of losses or damages arising out of changes made to the content of this Site by unauthorised third parties.
To provide increased value to users of this Site, the Company may provide links to other websites or resources for you to access at your sole discretion. You acknowledge and agree that, as you have chosen to enter the linked website, the Company is not responsible for the availability of such third party sites or resources and does not review or endorse and shall not be responsible or liable, directly or indirectly , for (i) the privacy practices of such websites, (ii) the content of such websites including any advertising, products, goods or other materials or services on or available from such websites or resources or (iii) the use that others make of these websites or resources, nor for any damage, loss or offence caused or alleged to be caused by, or in connection with, the use of or reliance on any such advertising, products, goods or other materials or services available on such third party websites or resources.
Transmission of Information is at your risk
The Company cannot guarantee that the transmission of information or messages sent over the internet is completely secure as there is a possibility of interception at all times. Any transmission is at your own risk. The Company shall not be responsible for any loss, damages or costs whatsoever which you suffer or incur in connection with, or arising out of, any transmission of information or message sent by you to the Company over the internet or the alteration, interception or misuse of such information. Once the Company has received your information or message, the Company will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
It is your responsibility to keep security information, such as passwords, secure at all times. The Company will never ask you for this information and you should not disclose it to any third parties. If you receive any email or other request for such information you should delete it immediately and should not respond. If you think you may have disclosed any security information you must advise the Company immediately.
Information about you and your visits to our Site
Viruses, Hacking and Other Offences
You must not misuse our Site by knowingly introducing viruses, trojans, worms, logic bombs or other material which is malicious or technologically harmful. You must not attempt to gain unauthorised access to our Site, the server on which our Site is stored or any server, computer or database connected to our Site. You must not attack our Site via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of service attack.
By breaching this provision you would commit a criminal offence. The Company will report any such breach to the relevant law enforcement authorities and will co-operate with those authorities by disclosing your identity to them. In the event of such a breach your right to use our Site will cease immediately.
The Company will not be responsible for any loss or damage caused by a distributed denial-of-service attack, viruses or other technologically harmful material that may infect your computer equipment, computer programs, data or other proprietary material due to your use of our Site or to your downloading of any material posted on it, or on any website linked to it.
Any dispute rising from the use or content of this Site shall be governed by the laws, and subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts, of England and Wales.
How to Contact the Company
If you have any concerns about this Site or want to make a complaint please call us on 0044 2082031703 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or write to us at:
The Chief Financial Officer
U&I Sugar Corporation
105 High Street
Thank you for visiting our Site.
U&I Sugar Corporation ("We") is committed to ensuring that Your Information is used properly and is kept securely.
INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT FROM YOU
We may collect and process the following information about you ("Your Information"):
• Information that you provide by filling in forms on our Site. This includes information you provide when you apply for a contract with us or for any of our other products and services and when you register for and use our online services. We may also ask you for information if you report a problem with our Site or if you contact us and request assistance when using our Site.
• The contents of any correspondence you send us.
• Details of transfers to and from your contracts.
• Details of your visits to our Site including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, web logs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own purposes or otherwise and the resources that you access.
• Information obtained from you or third parties such as employers, joint contract holders, credit reference agencies, fraud prevention agencies or other organisations when you apply for a contract with us or for any of our other products or services or which you or they give to us at any time.
IP ADDRESSES AND COOKIES
We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers. This is statistical data about our users' browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
For the same reason, we may obtain information about your general internet usage by using a cookie file which is stored on the hard drive of your computer. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer's hard drive. They help us to improve our Site and to deliver a better and more personalised service. They enable us:
• To store information about your preferences, and so allow us to customise our Site according to your individual interests.
• To make it easier for you to log on and use the Site during future visits.
For more information about cookies (including how to set your browser to reject cookies) please visit the website set up by the Interactive Advertising Bureau (Europe) at www.allaboutcookies.org
WHERE WE STORE YOUR INFORMATION
The information that we collect from you may be transferred to, stored and processed by another company in the U&I Sugar Corporation group of companies or a service provider or agent in another country including countries outside the European Economic Area ("EEA"). We will make sure that the group company, service provider or agent agrees to apply the same levels of protection as we are required to apply to Your Information and to use Your Information in accordance with our instructions.
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Any payment transactions will be similarly secure. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a user name, passcode and memorable word which enables you to access certain parts of our Site, you are responsible for keeping this user name, passcode and memorable word confidential. You must not to share these with any one.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect Your Information, we cannot guarantee the security of Your Information transmitted to our Site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received Your Information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
We use Your Information in the following ways:
• To ensure that content from our Site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
• To process your application for and set up your contracts and to process your application to use our on-line services.
• To manage your contracts.
• To verify your identity and make financial risk assessments including anti money laundering checks and for crime and fraud prevention purposes.
• To meet our regulatory compliance and reporting obligations.
• To provide you or permit selected third parties to provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we or they consider may be of interest to you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
• To carry out our obligations in respect of the provision of your contract and the provision of our on-line services.
• To enforce any of our rights against you.
• To enable us to carry out assessment and analysis (including credit and/or behaviour scoring, market and product analysis).
• To develop and improve our services to you and notify you about changes to our services.
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We do not disclose information about identifiable individuals to our advertisers, but we may provide them with aggregate information about our users. We may also use such aggregate information to help advertisers reach the kind of audience they want to target. We may make use of Your Information to enable us to comply with our advertisers' wishes by displaying their advertisement to that target audience.
If you contact us on 00442082031703 when using any of our services, we will verify your identity by asking you a number of questions based on information known to us about you. We will let you know if we record your telephone conversation with us. We may disclose Your Information to any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries.We may disclose Your Information to third parties:
• In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose Your Information to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets and we will ensure that the prospective seller or buyer treats Your Information as confidential.
• If a third party acquires U&I Sugar Corporation or substantially all of its assets, in which case information held by U&I Sugar Corporation about its customers will be one of the transferred assets. We will ensure that the third party treats Your Information as confidential.
• If we are under a duty to disclose or share Your Information in order to comply with any legal or regulatory obligation, or as part of legal proceedings, or in order to enforce or apply our
Terms and Procedures that apply to your contract or to protect the rights, property, or safety of U&I Sugar Corporation, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
• If we use third parties to process Your Information on our behalf, for example, we use third parties to host the Site and to maintain our IT systems. Where we use third parties to process Your Information on our behalf we will ensure that they have adequate security measures in place to safeguard Your Information.
• When you have consented to be contacted for such purposes, we will disclose Your Information to carefully selected third parties for marketing purposes so that they can contact you about products or services that they think may be of interest to you.
• The third parties may include credit reference and fraud prevention and law enforcement agencies and identity and address verification agencies that may record and use Your Information and disclose it to other organisations for mutual affirmation of non-performers, fraud and money laundering prevention purposes.
You have the right to ask us not to process Your Information for marketing purposes. We will only use Your Information for such purposes where you have consented to this. If you do not want to receive any marketing information from us and you wish us to stop using Your Information for marketing purposes, please contact us at email@example.com.
If you would like to update or amend Your Information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our Site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal information to these websites.
ACCESS TO INFORMATION
You have the right to request a copy of Your Information and to have any inaccuracies corrected. We will ask for confirmation of identity before we disclose any of Your Information and may charge an administration fee to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you. Please address requests to: email@example.com.